Baku, Azerbaijan, Jan.18
Following the announcement of British Airways' top places to be seen in 2014, the airline is launching special fares to the UK, Europe, USA and Canada, giving travellers from Azerbaijan the opportunity to experience those destinations first hand, and start the new year on the go, the company said today.
"Our list of top destinations for 2014 includes a few far flung locations, combined with other attractive European destinations that are popular with passengers flying from Azerbaijan. Ranging from Leeds in the UK, and Glasgow in Scotland, to Austin, Albuquerque and Las Vegas in the US, all of our top destinations for 2014 have been picked because they provide unique and attractive experiences in fantastic settings." said Paolo de Renzis, British Airways' commercial manager for the Middle East and Central Asia.
For those looking to explore the UK but wanting to stretch their legs further afield than London, look no further than Leeds where visitors can dig for Roman coins, go on a historical tour, or enjoy countryside walks. Boosted by popular TV shows including 'Downton Abbey', it's no surprise that Yorkshire came third in Lonely Planet's top destinations for 2014. A little further north, the vibrant city of Glasgow is going to be a hub of activity this summer when the Commonwealth Games arrive on July 23, making it one of British Airways' places to be seen in 2014.
Alternatively if a US adventure appeals, be inspired by the tunes in Austin, the world's self-proclaimed live music capital, or visit Albuquerque, the filming location for Breaking Bad, which offers spas, golf courses, dormant volcanoes, hot air ballooning and ghost tours. Las Vegas is also a classic destination, and with Britney Spears announcing a two-year residency there, as well as the soon-to-open 'Plane Food' by Gordon Ramsay, Las Vegas' star is continuing to rise.
To book a trip to one of British Airways' top destinations of 2014, simply visit ba.com and book your ticket before January 23 for travel until July 31. Fares start from as little as 477* EUR to the UK and Europe, and 744* EUR to the USA and Canada.
About British Airways:
• British Airways offers daily flights during winter from Baku to London Heathrow
• British Airways has a worldwide route network that covers more than 170 destinations in 75 countries.
• The airline is one of the world's largest international airlines carrying approximately 36 million passengers around the world every year.
• The airline offers a choice of four cabins on the majority of its longhaul services. In Azerbaijan, customers currently have a choice of two cabins - Business and Economy.
• The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
For media enquiries, please contact the British Airways press office in Azerbaijan.
Phone: (012) 436 85 09