British Airways has seen an increase in the number of people booking via mobile devices by 290 per cent in just two years, and has recently launched its most advanced smart phone app yet.
The intuitive app delivers personalised, relevant and time sensitive travel information at the touch of a button.
The free app, available from ba.com/apps has been created following extensive research in the UK, Europe, the US and Asia, is compatible with both iPhone and Android smartphones and will streamline the travel process for customers.
The home screen anticipates a customer's likely need, placing the most relevant information at the top of the timeline. The tailored screen will also show customers a background image based on their next flight and flight information adjusted to reflect their journey stage; ranging from the ability to select their seat in advance, to day-of-travel essentials such as what gate they are departing from and the weather at their destination.
The new app also makes it even easier for British Airways customers to manage every aspect of their booking, whether on the road, in the air or in the comfort of their homes. They can select seats, change their booking, manage their Executive Club accounts and check in online. British Airways' Mobile Boarding Pass usage has grown by more than 650 per cent in the last three years and the new app makes it even easier for customers to use their mobile phone as their boarding pass.
Kevin McQuillan, head of ba.com, said: "At British Airways, we have a long history of innovating and introducing the latest technology to help our customers. This latest app is another way we are making travel easier by delivering the latest and most relevant information to our customers at the tap of a finger."
The launch of the new ba.com app is only part of British Airways' wider commitment to invest more than £5bn in new aircraft, smarter cabins, elegant lounges, and new technologies to make life more comfortable in the air and on the ground.
The app is available to download for free from the iTunes App store and Android Market now, direct links can be found on ba.com/apps.
Notes to editors:
Key features of the app include:
• Personalised homescreen, which will automatically update for the customers' next flight including flight status, local time and weather at their destination, gate information, check-in options and seat information
• New side navigation bar, making it faster and easier to find your way around
• Customers can easily view and manage all of their bookings
• Easy access to all of their flight searches from any device
• Add flights to calendar functionality
• Lounge Wifi passwords for all of British Airways' 60 dedicated lounges across the world
• Access to up to the minute flight statuses
• Showcase of the best fares to top destinations
About British Airways:
• British Airways flies to 166 destinations, 9 destinations in the UK, 72 in Europe and 85 in the rest of the world.
• The airline is one of the world's largest international airlines carrying approximately 36 million passengers around the world every year.
• The airline offers a choice of four cabins on the majority of its long-haul services.
• The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
• British Airways operates the majority of flights from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow. This terminal is capable of handling 30 million customers a year and is the size of 50 football pitches.
• British Airways is two years into a more than £5bn investment in new aircraft, smarter cabins, elegant lounges and new technologies to make life more comfortable in the air and on the ground.
Follow us on Twitter @TRENDNewsAgency