Azerbaijan, Baku, March 5 /Trend A. Tagiyeva /
The Trans-Anatolian gas pipeline (TANAP) should be constructed using the tubes of domestic production, the general secretary of the Iron and Steel Producers' Association of Turkey Veysel Yayan said, "Anadolu" agency reported on Monday.
According to Yayan, TANAP needs about two million tubes and all of them should be produced in Turkey.
Yayan also called on Turkish iron-producing companies upon to show more interest to the issue of tube production for the TANAP pipeline.
The partners of SOCAR on the project of exploitation of "Shah Deniz" gas field presented their preliminary intentions on share acquisition in TANAP project.
According to the preliminary information, the partners are going to divide 29 percent of TANAP share in the following way: Statoil and BP by 12 percent each and Total - 5 percent.
Currently, the 20 percent share of TANAP belongs to the Turkish companies of BOTAS and TPAO, while SOCAR has the rest 80 percent.
SOCAR is going to preserve the share of 51 percent in the project. Turkey will preserve its 20 percent.
TANAP project stipulates transportation of gas from "Shah Deniz" field to Europe through Turkey.
Preliminary capacity of the pipeline is expected to reach 16 billion cubic meters per annum.
About 6 billion cubic meters will be delivered to Turkey, the rest - to Europe.
Do you have any feedback? Contact our journalist at email@example.com