A militant group said four of its members were killed in an alleged Israeli drone attack in Egypt's northern Sinai, according to a statement published Saturday on jihadist websites, dpa reported.
The drone targeted the four militants "during a rocket attack against Jewish violators in the occupied territories," the Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis group said.
The leader of the group survived the drone attack, it added.
On Friday, a loud explosion was heard near the town of Rafah, in northern Sinai. Some security officials said it was an attack by Israeli planes against militants, after coordination with the Egyptian side.
However, Egyptian army spokesman Colonel Ahmed Ali denied the reports, saying the army was investigating the incident.
Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis criticized the Egyptian military for what it described as "cooperation and complicity" with the Israelis.
Militants have stepped up attacks, mainly targeting security forces, since the ousting of Islamist president Mohammed Morsi on July 3.
Egypt and Israel have frequently coordinated security along their shared border, especially during last year's offensive against militants.
Sinai has been largely demilitarized according to the 1979 peace treaty between Egypt and Israel.
Follow us on Twitter @TRENDNewsAgency