Baku, Azerbaijan, June 13
The official opening ceremony of the 30th Rhythmic Gymnastics European Championships was hosted today in Azerbaijan's capital of Baku.
Azerbaijan's national anthem was performed in the beginning of the ceremony.
Azerbaijani Minister of Youth and Sports Azad Rahimov, head of the European Olympic Committee Patrick Hickey, president of the European Union of Gymnastics Georges Gelzek, who declared the tournament open, delivered speeches at the ceremony.
Then there was a magnificent show.
The 30th Rhythmic Gymnastics European Championships is being held in the National Gymnastics Arena in Baku.
Some 258 gymnasts from 33 countries compete for nine sets of awards in the tournament that is being held in Baku for the third time.
The championship itself will last till June 15.
Do you have any feedback? Contact our journalist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter @TRENDNewsAgency
- Iran responds religious freedom report, calling U.S. “major religious rights violator”
- Iran inflation hits 25 percent, trade minister says
- Iran awaits for Cairo’s permit to transfer injured Palestinians to Tehran
- Fuelling Iran’s power plants by natural gas increases by 40 percent
- U.S. nuclear negotiator declines setting deadline on Iran deal
- Iranian President calls on Muslim states to send swift aid to Gazans