Kazakhstan, Astana, Nov.22 / Trend /
Kazakh border guard Vladislav Chelakh, who is accused of mass murder on a frontier post and first pleaded guilty, but later refused to confess, admitted his guilt in conversation with his cellmates, Novosti Kazakhstan reported.
Video recording of the conversation was submitted to the court on Wednesday.
The main hearings on the Chelakh's case began on Monday in the Taldykorgan city court. Earlier, the accused refused to confess, saying that he was subject to psychological pressure.
"There were only three people serving on the contract, all the other were draftees and servicemen. And one, one was a chief officer. Another was a civilian. He had a lodge there, he was a guard at the hunting camp," the records quotes Chelakh as saying.
On the second day of the hearings Lawyer Serik Sarsenov said that 18 dead bodies were found on the scene. However, Public Prosecutor insists that 15 people were killed.
He also spoke about other details of murder of his associates and the huntsman, and his unsuccessful escape.
Some 15 bodies were found at the Arkankergen border post in late May including 14 border guards and a ranger. Border guard Vladislav Chelakh confessed that he killed his colleagues. However, later he refuted this confession and said the border post had been attacked.
Do you have any feedback? Contact our journalist at firstname.lastname@example.org