Azerbaijan, Baku, Feb. 19 /Trend S.Isayev, D. Khatinoglu/
Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said that the P5+1 group has not yet provided Iran with its proposals regarding the Islamic Republic's disputed nuclear program,
"During the nuclear meeting in Kazakhstan they might propose something to Iran, however officially we have not received any proposals," Mehmanparast said.
Nuclear negotiations between Iran and the P5+1 group on Islamic Republic's national nuclear program will be held in Almaty on February 26.
Yesterday, Mehmanparast said the World powers offered Iran to shut down the Fordo plant, to stop the uranium enrichment, in turn allowing the country to do gold transactions.
"They want to take away the rights of a nation in exchange for allowing trade in gold," Mehmanparast noted, adding that the offer was unacceptable.
The FM spokesman said that the P5+1 group that Iranian side holds negotiations with, has to accept nation's nuclear rights.
"If our rights are accepted and recognized, then all possible consequences would be eliminated," he said, adding that achieving common ground would help sides to resolve the issue.
In 2012, representatives of P5+1 group and Iran held three rounds of talks in Istanbul (April 14), Baghdad (May 23-24) and Moscow (June18-19). None of these meetings resulted in breakthroughs on disputed nuclear issues.
Previously talks between the "Six Powers" and Iran were not conducted for over a year.
The U.S. and its Western allies suspect Iran of developing a nuclear weapon - something that Iran denies.
Do you have any feedback? Contact our journalist at firstname.lastname@example.org