Azerbaijan, Baku, September 18 /Trend, N. Umid/
Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI), Ali Akbar Salehi dismissed western media information which claimed that Iranian president Hassan Rouhani would offer to close Fordo nuclear facility if West eases sanctions, Iranian State IRINN TV reported.
On September 16, Der Spiegel reported that has learned from intelligence sources that Iran's new president Hassan Rouhani, is reportedly prepared to decommission the Fordo enrichment plant and allow international inspectors to monitor the removal of the centrifuges. In return, he could demand the United States and Europe to rescind their sanctions against the Islamic Republic, lift the ban on Iranian oil exports and allow the country's central bank to do international business again.
Salehi also expressed hope that there will be a constructive progress in Iran's nuclear issue in coming months.
Responding to a question about the 57th IAEA General Conference, Salehi said that the general atmosphere of the Conference was much more positive compared to last year.
On September 16, Salehi said during the 57th IAEA General Conference in Vienna that the new administration favors the closure of its nuclear issue.
"I have come here with the message of my country's new president for strengthening and broadening our current cooperation with the IAEA in order to put an end to Iran's nuclear dossier," he added.
The head of the AEOI said on Sept. 15 that he is optimistic about the further negotiations on nuclear issue between Iran and the P5+1 group (the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany).
The U.S. and its Western allies suspect Iran of developing a nuclear weapon - something that Iran denies.
The Islamic Republic has on numerous occasions stated that it doesn't seek to develop nuclear weapons, but to use nuclear energy for medical researches.
Do you have any feedback? Contact our journalist at email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter @TRENDNewsAgency