Baku, Azerbaijan, Dec.17
By Dalga Khatinoglu - Trend:
Abbas Araqchi, Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister says that the expert-level nuclear negotiations between Iran and six powers (US, UK, France, China, Russia and Germany) will be resumed in the near future.
According to ISNA, Araqchi who is also the top Iranian nuclear negotiator, said after meeting with EU High Representative for foreign affairs and security policy, Catherine Ashton that they agreed to keep nuclear talks in spite of the U.S. blacklisting some Iranian and foreign companies and individuals last week.
The U.S. on Dec. 12 blacklisted additional companies and individuals charged with evading existing sanctions against Iran.
The Iranian delegation left the technical nuclear negotiation table in Vienna a day after that.
Araqchi harshly condemned the U.S.'s latest action, but said that after talking with Ashton, who leads the P5+1 group's talks with Iran, that the nuclear talks will continue.
He quoted Ashton as saying P5+1 is serious to continue nuclear talks with Iran.
Araqchi and Ashton met on Dec. 17 in Brussels.
On November 24, Iran and the P5+1 reached a deal in Geneva after several days of intensive negotiations. With the agreement, Iran has agreed to curb some nuclear activities for six months in return for sanctions relief.
The EU members will hold talks easing sanctions on Iran this week.
Edited by C.N.
Follow us on Twitter @TRENDNewsAgency