The US on Sunday will reopen 18 of the 19 diplomatic posts it closed due to a widespread terrorist threat last week, the State Department said, dpa reported.
"Our embassy in Sana'a, Yemen will remain closed because of ongoing concerns about a threat stream indicating the potential for terrorist attacks emanating from al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula," spokeswoman Jen Psaki said.
The consulate in Lahore, Pakistan, that was closed due to a separate threat would also stay closed, she said.
"We will continue to evaluate the threats to Sana'a and Lahore and make subsequent decisions about the re-opening of those facilities based on that information," Psaki said.
Follow us on Twitter @TRENDNewsAgency