Abductors free Egyptian in Baalbek after kidnap ordeal

Photo: Abductors free Egyptian in Baalbek after kidnap ordeal / Arab World

An Egyptian national was released at dawn on Wednesday after a four-day kidnap ordeal and the payment of a ransom to the kidnappers, media reports said.

Voice of Lebanon radio reported that the abductors were paid L.L. 40 million and 8,000 dollars worth of jewelery to release Mohammed Saeed Ibrahim Mahmoud, 32, who was abducted last week, Naharnet reported.

VDL (100.5) said that the man was dropped in an area near his house in Hawch-Bay in Baalbek, without citing the payment of any ransom.

On Friday night, 22-year-old Hanine Othman, a Saudi-Egyptian national pressed charges at Chmestar police station against unknown assailants after her husband Mohammed Saeed Ibrahim Mahmoud, 32, was abducted at gunpoint.

Hanine said that she was on her way back home with her husband in their white Mitsubishi when four assailants in a silver Jeep Grand Cherokee intercepted their vehicle.

The offenders forced her husband out of the vehicle at gunpoint and fled to an unknown destination.

Mahmoud is reportedly the owner of several farms and a livestock dealer.

Follow us on Twitter @TRENDNewsAgency