An Israeli airstrike on the northern Gaza Strip killed five people Wednesday, medics said, as a 16-day conflict between Israel and Hamas raged on, AFP reported.
The strike took Wednesday's toll to more than 30 Palestinians killed and the overall toll to more than 660, according to figures from emergency services spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra.
Following the discovery of corpses of three abducted Jewish teenagers on July 12 in the West Bank of the Jordan River, the Israeli government accused the Islamic Resistance Movement, Hamas.
Israeli officials, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said that new military operations would be launched in the Gaza Strip in revenge on Hamas for the killing of the teenagers.
Earlier on July 2, the 17-year-old Muhammed Abu Khudair was kidnapped and killed in Jerusalem, which led to rocket strikes on Israeli cities from the Gaza Strip.
Then on July 8, Israel announced the beginning of a military operation dubbed "Protective Edge" in the Gaza Strip.
Follow us on Twitter @TRENDNewsAgency