Raul Castro confirms 41st swine flu death

Photo: Raul Castro confirms 41st swine flu death / Other News

Swine flu has claimed 41 lives on the Caribbean island of Cuba, President Raul Castro announced on Sunday, dpa reported.

A total of 973 persons have been infected by the H1N1 virus, he said.

The previous official death toll from swine flu was only seven.

Castro announced preventive measures in anticipation of the arrival of tourists from the northern hemisphere as winter vacation time begins.

During a speech to the Parliament, which meets twice a year, Castro outlined a successful fight against the epidemic. He said 57,000 people had been put in hospital as a preventive measure, and another 11,000 people had been examined at home, Castro said.

Follow us on Twitter @TRENDNewsAgency

 
MOST READ