Details added: first version posted on 15:36
BAKU, Azerbaijan, Mar. 14
The Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry has named five basic principles for the normalization of relations with Armenia, Trend reports citing the ministry.
According to the ministry, Azerbaijan proposed the following principles for the normalization of relations:
- mutual recognition of sovereignty, territorial integrity, inviolability of international borders and political independence of each other;
- mutual confirmation of the absence of territorial claims of the states against each other and a legal obligation not to make such claims in the future;
- refrain from threatening each other's security in the interstate relations, from using threats and force against political independence and territorial integrity, as well as from other circumstances incompatible with the purposes of the UN Charter;
- delimitation and demarcation of the state border, establishment of diplomatic relations;
- opening of transport and communications, the establishment of other relevant communications and cooperation in other areas of mutual interest.
Will be updated