Baku, Azerbaijan, Feb. 9
British Airways has launched its revitalised On Business loyalty scheme, which will help Azerbaijan's small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) make even more of their travel budgets.
The new offering brings together the business loyalty programmes of British Airways, Iberia and American Airlines, allowing customers to collect and spend on all three under one scheme.
The improved On Business programme, which already saves customers GBP 30 million a year on flights, now rewards points based on spend rather than distance travelled or number of flights.
Other new benefits to the popular platform include:
• Cash discounts on selected flights;
• Three Tier ranking system to boost earning power;
• Handpicked offers and bonuses for members;
• A new, easy to use online account management tool.
The new On Business has also been made more flexible so members who want immediate savings can even choose an upfront discount on flights if that works better for their company than collecting points.
A three Tier system is being introduced, which relates to the amount customers spend on travel each year. As users progress through the Tiers, they save more to spend on reward flights and upgrades.
Entry tier members need to spend as little as GBP 2,200 to earn enough points to redeem a reward flight on UK domestic routes and flights in Europe. In addition, members of BA Executive Club or Iberia Plus are rewarded in both schemes.
As part of the changes, On Business has launched a brand new website, which will make it even easier for members to maximise their earning potential and spend their points effectively. It will also give access to custom reporting, as well as a clear view of who is earning where and when to help make further savings.
Paolo De Renzis, Head of Sales for British Airways across the Middle East, Africa and Central Asia, said: "Our research told us members wanted a programme that was simple to understand, helped them manage their travel costs and recognised them for all of their spend with us. The changes we've made do exactly this. A simple way of earning points based on spend, a simple way of delivering immediate savings through discounts and tiers to reward loyalty. Therefore, it will better meet the flying needs of this dynamic and growing sector in Azerbaijan."
About British Airways:
• British Airways flies to 199 destinations, 10 destinations in the UK, 106 in Europe and 83 in the rest of the world.
• British Airways offers an extensive range of carefully selected hotels, car hire and experiences in a wide range of worldwide destinations available to book with flights from ba.com/holidays.
• The airline is one of the world's largest international airlines carrying approximately 40 million passengers around the world every year.
• The airline offers a choice of four cabins on the majority of its long-haul services.
• The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
• British Airways operates the majority of flights from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow. This terminal is capable of handling 30 million customers a year and is the size of 50 football pitches.
• British Airways' home Terminal 5 has been recognised as the world's best terminal for the fourth consecutive year in the Skytrax awards.