Baku, Azerbaijan, May 5
Azerbaijan's President Ilham Aliyev, by his order on May 4, transferred utilities and other consumer services to the ASAN network with the creation of specialized public utility centers called 'ASAN Kommunal'.
New special centers will render the public utility and other services to individuals and legal entities in a single space on the basis of the principles of ASAN centers' activity and standards and carry out single management with them.
The 'ASAN Kommunal' centres were given the following functions:
- public utility and other services;
- use of ICT and innovations with the purpose to improve services;
- reception of telephone or Internet appeals from citizens and response to them through Call Service;
- control and evaluation;
- management of conflict situations, holding meetings, listening to citizens and explaining the situation to them;
- regular surveys (exit polls) to measure quality of services and satisfaction of citizens;
- preparation of daily and periodic statistical reports on the activities of the centres;
- payments in connection with provision of utilities and other payments through banks, payment terminals or ASAN payment system.
The existing public utility operators (Azerishig, Azersu and Azerigas) are not liquidated and transfer their functions to the ASAN Kommunal centres and finance their activities, providing them also with working staff.
Other legal entities providing consumer services to the population will in coordination with the State Agency on Citizen Service and Social Innovations render consumer services at the 'ASAN Kommunal' centers.