Mercedes covers about one third of Baku car market
Azerbaijan, Baku, November / Trend, A. Akhundov /
Baku's car market supply decreased by 4.1 percent in September, public organization Property Market Participants told Trend on Friday.
As reported, car supply's excess over the real demand only grew in September. During the month, prices decreased by 2.6 percent to car average market price of $15,000.
As a result of the change on the market, the number of used cars in sale increased by 4.7 percent up to 46.7 percent of total," organization's experts said.
In September, the organization conducted observation of the market of used cars focusing at more than 13,100 cars, of which only 29.5% were put for sale in September and the rest 70.5% percent had remained unsold since the previous months. The mass flow of used cars to the market has decreased substantially over 6 past months.
The supply of Mercedes cars, which has long been the leader of the sale market of used cars, decreased by 1.7 percent in September against August. The market share of Mercedes cars is 32.2 percent.
Nine makes of cars cover 83. 7 percent of the market portfolio with the rest 16.3 percent shared by over 80 makes of cars by more than 20 carmakers.