Banks and their branches in the countys regions play a big role in implementation of the state program for development of regions, the head of the Azerigazbank supervisory board Chingiz Asadullayev told the conference dedicated to the results of the program implementation, Trend reports.
According to him, 29 lending institutions are currently operating in the countrys banking system, among them 44 banking and 85 non-banking credit organizations. Banking assets for 2005 reached 2,2 billion AZN which is, compared to 2004 more by 35%. The banks 55% assets are allocated to the customers as loans and the rest 45% are the banks other assets. For today 374 branches of banks are operating in Azerbaijan. From their total number 177 branches are functioning in the regions.
As Asadullayev noted, the growing number of the long-term credits is observed today. Their quantity has increased by 183% as compared to 2004. Today 20 banks and 4 non-banking credit institutions are involved in the process of assigning credits from the Fund for the Assistance of Entrepreneurship. The main part of loans is allocated for production, processing and agriculture.