SOCAR's gas processing plant processes about 1.9 bln cubic meters of dry gas
Azerbaijan, Baku, Aug.27 / Trend /
In the first half-year the gas processing plant of the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) processed over 1.9 billion cubic meters of gas, as a result of which more than 1.89 billion cubic meters of dry gas was received, the plant director Agshin Pashayev's article published on the "Respublika" newspaper reads.
Pashayev said in January-June the plant processed more than 24,400 tons of unstable natural gasoline and 6,770 tons of gasoline fractions. As a result of processing more than 15,000 tons of commercial butane and about 13,000 tons of natural gasoline were received.
In accordance with the existing technological process, about 2,700 tons of heavy gasoline was produced to meet the plant's needs in the absorbent.
Over 12,700 tons of commercial butane and about 13,000 tons of natural gasoline were shipped for sale on domestic market. Some 61.8 percent or about 7,880 tons of commercial butane were exported and the remaining 38.2 percent (4,870 tons) was sold on the domestic market.
During the reporting period the plant supplied about 13,000 tons of naphtha to Azerkimya Production Unit for processing.
As a result of processing in 2010, the plant got 4.03 billion cubic meters of purified gas compared to more than 3.8 billion cubic meters in 2009.
Also in 2010, the plant produced 28,100 tons of natural gasoline compared to more than 27,000 tons in 2009. In 2010, the plant produced 25,400 tons of liquefied gas.
Some 69 percent of the total amount of produced gasoline and liquefied gas was exported, while 31 percent is directed to the domestic market.
Under the contract the plant processes gas of SOCAR's Azneft Production Unit. After processing the plant supplies the product to Azerigaz Production Unit (gas distribution and sale in Azerbaijan), LLC "Meishetmayegaz" (liquefied gas) and to export (natural gasoline) on behalf of Azneft.