Georgia completes 75% of East-West Main Gas Pipeline construction

Oil&Gas Materials 6 March 2019 15:03 (UTC +04:00)

Baku, Azerbaijan, March 6

By Leman Zeynalova – Trend:

Georgian Oil and Gas Corporation (GOGC) has completed 75 percent of the construction work on the East-West Main Gas Pipeline, the company told Trend.

“75 percent of construction-rehabilitation works of the East-West Main Gas Pipeline have already been performed and for the rest of 25 percent design works are in progress,” said GOGC.

As for Gardabani 2 Thermal Power Plant Project, Georgian Oil and Gas Corporation said that the work is 80 percent complete.

“At this point, 80 percent of works envisaged by the Gardabani 2 Thermal Power Plant Project have been completed, all the major components have been transported to the site and some of them already installed,” said GOGC.

The project is scheduled to be completed in winter 2019/2020, added the company.

Georgian Oil and Gas Corporation was established in March, 2006 by the order of the Minister of Economic Development of Georgia. The government-owned shares of JSC “Georgian International Oil Corporation”, JSC “Georgian International Gas Corporation” and JSC “Saknavtobi” (Georgian Oil) were accumulated in GOGC’s authorized capital. In September 2011 the corporation changed its legal form into a joint stock company.


Follow the author on Twitter: @Lyaman_Zeyn