Azerbaijan restores gas delivery to Iran
Azerbaijan has restored gas deliver to Iran for provision of gas supply to Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic (NAR) which is blockade currently, Azerigas state company told Trend. Earlier, Azerigas temporarily ceased gas delivery to Iran for gas supply of NAR.
The company explained it with the ongoing development of gas transportation system of NAR and it is in no condition to accept entire volume delivered from Iran. As a result there appeared an excess volume of Azerbaijani gas in Iran which is gradually delivered to Nakhchivan.
This year Azerigas plans to set up the second phase of gasification of NAR, which requires $145bn. The budget of the first phase of the project on the gasification of NAR is 360bn manats. Part of the funds allocated for the implementation of the project (40%) was allotted out of the public budget. The rest part of the sum (60%) will be covered at the expense of private funds of Azerigas.
Under the second stage of the project it is planned to carryout the gasification of the rest subscribers. This year it is planned to increase the volume of delivery 250 million cu m of gas. In 2007 the figure will be increased to 350 million cu m a year. Gas will be delivered in Astara to Iran, which will in its turn supply the same volume of gas to Nakhchivan AR. Within the frames of the first phase of the project gas will be supplied to 25,000 subscribers. There are a total of 65вЂљ959 subscribers in the NAR.