Kazakh and Russian Presidents sign agreement on good-neighborliness (UPDATE)
details were added (the first version was posted at 08:35)
Astana, Kazakhstan, Nov. 12
By Daniyar Mukhtarov - Trend: Kazakh and Russian Presidents Nursultan Nazarbayev and Vladimir Putin signed the agreement on good-neighborliness and alliance in the 21st century, Akorda reported today.
"Ten years ago we initiated this forum," President Nazarbayev said. "Over the years it was positively evaluated and became an important factor for cooperation between our two countries. Kazakhstan and Russia have done more than others to keep the relations between people, enterprises and economies in the post-Soviet area. We are the neighbors and the neighbors are not chosen. Our ancestors lived, we live and our descendants will live this way. It is important to work on improving the relations. This is the foundation for future generations' life."
While summarizing the outcome of the forum, the Kazakh president stressed the effectiveness of discussing a wide range of issues of the Kazakh- Russian relations. The president stressed that the agreements will give new dynamics to the strategic partnership and will contribute to further strengthening the cooperation between the two countries.
President Putin emphasized the rapid pace of economic cooperation, stressing that the trade turnover between the two countries increased by 15 per cent up to $ 18 billion for the first 9 months of this year.
Several bilateral documents aimed at intensifying the inter-state partnership were signed following the forum.
- Agreement on good-neighborliness and alliance in the 21st century between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation;
- Cooperation agreement on the Association of Kazakh and Russian Industrial Colleges "ROST - ORLEU";
- Preliminary agreement on oil transportation through the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan and guarantees;
- Memorandum of Understanding on expanding cooperation in the field of industry between the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation ;
- Roadmap on intensifying the industrial cooperation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation in 2013-2014;
- Protocol to the Agreement on cooperation in the development of Imashevskoye gas condensate field between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Agreement for the prevention and suppression of forest and grassland fires in border areas between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Russian Federation.
The next eleventh Forum of Interregional Cooperation of Russia and Kazakhstan will be held in Atyrau in 2014.