Two Iranian pilgrims were martyred on Wednesday as their convoy moving toward Samarra from southern Iranian Fars Province was targeted in a bomb attack, ISNA reported.
The representative of Iranian Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization Javad Khani said the bombing occurred at 8:30 am which led to martyrdom of two and injury of 5 Iranian pilgrims.
"The injured were sent to a hospital in the city of Kazemain to receive treatment," he told ISNA.
This was the 4th bombing occurred for Iranian pilgrims since last month. The convoy would come back Iran Thursday.
Khani continued Iraqi security officials and Iranian ambassador to Iraq as well as Iranian hajj officials would discuss ways to boost security of Iranian pilgrims in Iraq Wednesday evening.