Official: Iran oil ministry units operational despite cyber-attack
Azerbaijan, Baku, Apr. 24/ Trend F.Milad/
All units affiliated to Iran's oil ministry including production and export units, are safely operating despite a cyber-attack which was occurred on Monday, an official with the ministry said.
Hamdollah Mohammadnejad told the IRNA news agency that investigations are underway about the causes of the cyber-attack and the problem will be resolved within two to three days.
The Iranian Oil Ministry, the National Iranian Oil Company and a number of other companies affiliated with the ministry were targeted by a computer worm on Sunday, but the malware was detected before it could infect the systems, the Mehr news agency reported.
The cyber-attack disrupted Internet access at the aforementioned organisations and companies and the relevant officials are investigating the issue. Oil Ministry spokesman Ali Reza Nikzad-Rahbar said on Monday that the attack had not caused significant damage.
Important data belonging to the ministry has not been damaged, he stated, adding that the ministry has the capability to counter cyber-attacks. Nikzad-Rahbar also explained that all of the data had been backed up.
In addition, the Mehr reported on Monday that a cyber-crisis management committee had been established after the attack.