Iranian Judiciary's High Council for Human Rights says it will investigate the death of Iranian blogger Sattar Beheshti immediately and decisively, PressTV reported.
In a statement issued on Sunday, the council announced that it would launch an immediate investigation to find those responsible for the death and would soon report the results back.
The statement was issued after Iran's Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani ordered an investigation into the case.
The statement said that "any person involved in the case, because of his negligence or fault," would be subjected to prosecution in the country's judicial system.
Earlier in the day, Iran's Deputy Majlis (parliament) Speaker Mohammad Hassan Aboutorabi-Fard also said the parliament has formed a special sub-committee to investigate the case.
The senior lawmaker asked chairman of the parliamentary committee, Alaeddin Boroujerdi, to report the results of the investigation to the parliament as soon as possible.
Iranian blogger Sattar Beheshti was arrested and charged with cybercrime. He passed away in prison.