Iran calls for int. firms to help pull out drowned oil platform, no response yet
Azerbaijan, Baku, Jan. 30 / Trend F.Mehdi/
Iran has asked a number of international firms to help pull out its oil platform, which was drowned yesterday in the Persian Gulf waters, but the firms have not yet responded to Iran, Mehr reported.
Fars News Agency reported yesterday that the offshore platform of the phase 13 of the South Pars gas field has drowned while being installed.
Iran Marine Industrial Company (SADRA) was the contractor responsible for building and installing the platform, which reportedly went down as low as 80 meters.
Mehr quoted Iran's Pars Oil and Gas Company's deputy managing director Sepehr Sepehri as saying that experts are making attempts to pull out the offshore platform, but the rescue operations of the 1300-ton platform are facing with problems due to bad weather.
The representatives of "SADRA" said that they were not responsible for the drowning of the platform, while Iran's Oil Ministry said the opposite.
IRGC-owned "SADRA" company already had a similar incident in 2010, when a 1,900 ton oil platform drowned in the Persian Gulf. The company also got sanctions imposed on it by the U.S. in 2012.
Some $40 million had been spent to build the platform over the course of 30 months.
The phase 13 of the South Pars field is projected to yield 50 million cubic meters of gas, 80,000 barrels of gas condensates, 2900 tons of LPG, and 400 tons of sulfur per day.