More injured after Iranian earthquake
Azerbaijan, Baku, 10 April / Trend E.Tariverdiyeva, T.Jafarov /
The number of injured after a series of aftershocks in Iran has increased, the ISNA agency reported on Wednesday.
According to the head of Iran's Red Crescent Society, Mahmud Muzaffar, the number of injured rose to 950 with 123 in a serious condition.
According to him, of 38 victims of the earthquake in the province of Bushehr, 10 were children under the age of 10.
Muzaffar said all the victims had been recovered from the rubble, adding that about 1000 tents have been installed in the affected areas.
According to officials, the preliminary estimate of the damage caused by the earthquake amounts to over $120 million.
Tremors continue on the territory of the Islamic Republic of Iran, the IRINN agency said on Wednesday.
According to the report, several aftershocks occurred on Wednesday. An earthquake measuring 3.9 on the Richter scale occurred in the city Kiyazer in the Mazandaran province near the Caspian Sea, while another jolt with a magnitude of 4.0 points occurred in the city of Abadan, Khuzestan province.
An earthquake measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale hit the Iranian cities of Kaki, Shonbeh and Khormooj yesterday. At least 37 people were killed and 850 injured.
Rescue operation continue in the quake hit areas.