Iran unveils priority projects to optimize fuel consumption
Baku, Azerbaijan, June 5
By Fatih Karimov – Trend:
Iran’s oil ministry has determined priority projects to optimize fuel consumption in the country, the ministry’s SHANA news agency reported June 5.
Thus, Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh has outlined a 6-step plan to optimize fuel consumption in the country, in a letter to Ali Vakili, managing director of Iran Fuel Conservation Company, responsible for the matter.
The plan goes as follows:
1. Buyback replacement of 3,000 old transportaton buses with CNG-fueled buses.
2. Renovation of 5,000 old trucks and trailers (with capacity of over 10 tons) on buyback base.
3. Buyback replacement of 20,000 old taxis with CNG-fueled ones.
4. To increase efficiency of heating systems of 30,000 buildings across the country on buyback base.
5. Electrification of 10,000 water wells and water pumps in agricultural sector.
6. Controlling energy consumption growth through cooperation with the energy ministry.