Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Oct. 23
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Oct. 23, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:03 GMT – Iran’s First Vice President Es’haq Jahangiri has voiced the administration’s intention to improve the quality of the rural residential units.
2. 12:05 GMT – Government spokesman Mohammad Bagher Nobakht addressed a conference on the role of statistics in managing the country.
3. 12:06 GMT – Iran has hosted an international conference on the generation of electricity.
4. 12:08 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 12,976,000 rials (about $323.9 according to the currency rate in free market) on Monday. One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,219,000 rials (about $30.43).
5. 12:08 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro valued 47,552 rials in the free market. The US dollar was traded at 40,057 rials.
6. 12:09 GMT – Report on the performance of the Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE). The main index of the TSE stood at 86346.
7. 12:09 GMT – The head of the Islamic Republic of Iran Railways (RAI), Saeed Mohammadzadeh, held a press conference on the performance of his organization.
8. 12:11 GMT – The first products of SAIPA-CITROEN joint venture are expected to hit the market in April.
9. 12:12 GMT – Iran and Oman are expected to launch a direct shipping line, the co-chairman of the joint trade chamber of Iran and Oman, Mohsen Zarrabi, said.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]