Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Nov. 20
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Nov. 16, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:03 GMT – The Housing Bank of Iran has decided to allow its debtors affected by the earthquake-hit regions of Kermanshah Province, to postpone settling their debts by two years.
2. 12:04 GMT – Iran Insurance Syndicate has announced that it will issue replica contacts for those people who have lost their insurance documents in the recent devastating earthquake in western Iran.
3. 12:05 GMT – The Iranian economy ministry has tasked seven domestic banks with allocating loans to earthquake-hit people in the country.
4. 12:06 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 14,337,000 rials (about $350.9 according to the currency rate in free market) on Monday. One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,265,000 rials (about $30.9).
5. 12:07 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro valued at 48,373 rials in the free market. The US dollar was traded at 40,855 rials.
6. 12:07 GMT – The main index of the Tehran Stock Exchange reached 88261 points.
7. 12:07 GMT – Report on the global prices of oil and gold.
8. 12:10 GMT – Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh has said that majority of OPEC members support extending oil output cuts.
9. 12:10 GMT – The average amount of precipitation in the country reached 12.3 millimeters.
10. 12:11 GMT – Central Bank of Iran has said that there is no existing problem in banking ties with China.
11. 12:11 GMT – Fishermen in Northern province of Mazandaran have farmed 76,000 tons of fish in cages.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]