...

Iran senior commander says US spent $2B to depose Islamic regime

Politics Materials 27 November 2015 17:01
Commander of Iran’s Basij force, Mohammad Reza Naqdi claims that the United States allocated $2 billion to depose the Islamic regime in Iran.
Iran senior commander says US spent $2B to depose Islamic regime

Baku, Azerbaijan, Nov. 27

By Temkin Jafarov - Trend:

Commander of Iran's Basij force, Mohammad Reza Naqdi claims that the United States allocated $2 billion to depose the Islamic regime in Iran.

"Some $200 million out of this sum was given personally to [US Secretary of State] John Kerry for this purpose," Mehr agency quoted Naqdi as saying Nov. 27.

Naqdi also claimed that Basij learned this information from the "spies" arrested in Iran.

"The arrested spies also said Kerry has so far headed 34 projects to depose the Islamic regime," he said.

Iran recently arrested a number of journalists on charges of being in contact with spy and intelligent services overseas. In one of the arrests, the Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian was purportedly sentenced to an unspecified prison term on espionage allegations.

"The US said 36 years ago that it wants to depose the Islamic regime and has been continuing this policy so far," added Naqdi.

"After the Islamic revolution, the enemy had various heinous political, economical and cultural plans against Iran, but Basij has been able to prevent them," he added.

Tags:
Latest

Latest