Rocket attack in Egypt’s Sinai claims 10 lives
At least ten people have been killed in a rocket attack in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, Press TV reported.
Egyptian security and medical officials said on Tuesday that the people lost their lives after the rocket struck a house in the country's violence-stricken Sinai Peninsula.
The fatalities were three children, three women and four men, the medical sources added.
Whether the rocket was fired by the Egyptian army or militants is not yet clear.
The Sinai Peninsula has long been considered a safe haven for gunmen who use the region as a base for their acts of terror.
Since the ouster of Mohamed Morsi, Egypt's former president, on July 3 last year, gunmen have launched almost daily attacks in Sinai, killing members of security forces.
Ansar Bait al-Maqdis, an al-Qaeda-affiliated militant group, has claimed responsibility for most of the terrorist attacks in the region. The group has recently pledged allegiance to the ISIL Takfiri terrorist group, which is engaged in savagery against people and security forces in Iraq and Syria.
Earlier in November, the Egyptian army said it had arrested a member of Ansar Beit al-Maqdis' decision-making council along with 25 suspected militants.