( dpa )- A Yemeni driver who was injured in an attack on Belgian tourists in south-eastern Yemen on January 18, died in hospital Tuesday, a news report said.
Mohammad bin Hessn , one of three Yemeni drivers who suffered severe injuries in the attack died in a Sana'a hospital, the NewsYemen web site reported.
His death brings the death toll from the attack to five people. Two female Belgian tourists and two Yemeni drivers were killed when gunmen opened fire on their convoy near a historical site in Hadhramout , around 900 kilometres from the capital, Sana'a.
Another tourist was injured in the attack on 15 Belgian tourists.
Yemeni authorities have blamed the attack on the al-Qaeda network, which reportedly claimed responsibility.
A police official said last week authorities had arrested four men believed to be the assailants in the second against Western tourists in Yemen within six months.
In July, eight Spanish tourists were killed when a suicide bomber linked to al-Qaeda rammed a car packed with explosives into their convoy in the central province of Marib .