(dpa) - Czech and US negotiators are to meet for another round of talks on a treaty outlining the status of US troops to be deployed at a planned US missile defence site on Czech soil, the Czech Defence Ministry said Friday.
A date has yet to be set, but the talks should resume "in two or three weeks", said ministry spokesman Jan Pejsek.
The negotiators have yet to solve taxes for contractors at the base and "minor points" of criminal jurisdiction, Pejsek said after the teams wrapped up three days of talks in Prague.
The so-called Status of Forces Agreement is to complement the main diplomatic treaty, which is to be signed in Prague by US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and her Czech counterpart Karel Schwarzenberg in early May.
Both agreements have to be approved by parliament where the centre-right governing coalition so far lacks clear support for the US project.
While the talks on placing a US radar base in the Czech Republic are nearing an end, a deal on placing 10 interceptor missiles in Poland is lagging behind.
Washington has so far failed to win over Moscow as it rejects US plans to place missile defence bases in the former Soviet satellites.