Meyer to taker over coaching at Moenchengladbach
German football magazine Kicker on Saturday reported on its website that Hans Meyer is to take over the coaching reins at the Bundesliga club, reports dpa.
The struggling club fired Dutchman Jos Luhukay earlier this month after Moenchengladbach picked up only three points from their opening six matches.
Stand-in coach Christian Ziege on Friday led the team to a 2-2 draw at VfL Bochum, but said after the game that he wished to return to his previous position of sporting director at the club.
Kicker said that Meyer, who already coached the club from September 1999 to March 2003, has agreed to taking over. "Everything has been finalized, I will start immediately," he is quoted as saying.
Also on Saturday Meyer's previous club Nuremberg announced that they had reached an out-of-court settlement with the 65-year-old, who was suing the club after he was fired in February.
Meyer claimed that he had not properly been dismissed and demanded a continuation of his salary.