Colombian police blame FARC for committing explosions in Bogota
Colombian police accused on Friday the rebel Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) of committing a series of recent explosions in Bogota, in which 16 people were injured.
Director of Metropolitan Police Rodolfo Palomino said that the first investigations of the explosions in different zones of Bogota on Thursday showed that the rebels had planned the attacks with similarities, reported Xinhua.
"The analysis of the way of execution, the identical pattern of each explosion, and the intelligence information we have received all undoubtedly lead us to conclude that those acts were done by nobody but the FARC guerillas," Palomino said.
The authorities dismissed that the attacks had relation to the national workers strike on demand for salary increases and other social grievances to the government.
Bogota's Mayor Samuel Moreno offered 25,000 U.S. dollars for a reward to the people who give information to help the capture of those who had put the explosives inside the basket bins in six residential sectors of the city.
Moreno have refrained from accusing the guerillas so far, but prefers to let the investigation continue.
The explosions occurred on Thursday in Bogota at middle and high class districts, and one of them occurred in the north of the city near the building of the Peruvian and German embassies in Colombia.