Six killed, one injured after jilted lover sets off explosives in east China
Six people were killed and one was severely injured after a jilted lover set off explosives in the yard of his ex-girlfriend and her husband's home in east China's Anhui province on Friday, local authorities said, Xinhua reported.
Zhang Jizhu, the suspect, was also among those killed in the blast which happened at around 3 a.m. Friday in Suhu village, Yongqiao district, Suzhou city, a spokesman with the city's police department said.
Armed with explosives, Zhang, 36, climbed over a wall into the yard of the house of his ex-girlfriend and her husband Su. When a dog started barking, Su stepped out of the house to investigate and spotted Zhang. The two then got into a fight during which Zhang set off the bombs.
Villagers said Zhang and Su's wife had been in a relationship before she married Su in September.
Zhang, Su and another villager were killed immediately while four people were seriously injured in the blast. Three of them died later in hospital, said the spokesman.
The condition of the remaining injured villager is not yet known.