3 killed, 29 injured in Kabul suicide bombing, Taliban claim responsibility
A suicide bomber blew himself up in Afghan capital Kabul Wednesday morning during rush hour, killing three people including himself and injuring 29 others, an official said.
"So far, officials in Istaqlal hospital near the site of the blast, have registered one killed and 29 others injured," spokesman for Public Health Ministry Ghulam Sakhi Kargar Noroughli told Xinhua.
One of the injured men was in critical condition, he added.
Two persons including the bomber was confirmed dead by police at the site of the blast.
"A suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden motorbike into a bus carrying government employees at around 08:00 a.m. local time (GMT 0330) in Se-rahi Alawdin locality in Kart-e-Sah area west of Kabul," a witness told Xinhua.
"It was a suicide bomb blast near our bus, our driver is injured," the witness at site of the blast, Nawid told Xinhua.
Several shops were damaged in the blast and windowpanes of several houses in nearby smashed.
Some witnesses at the site said that the bomber targeted the Afghan intelligence officials and the casualties could be higher than reported.
Meanwhile, Taliban militants claimed responsibility for the attack.
Zabihullah Mujahid, who claims to speak for the Taliban outfit in talks with media from undisclosed location, said a Taliban fighter namely Ahmad, carried out the blast near the bus of intelligence service, killing at least 18 people of the agency and injuring 14 others.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai in a statement described the blast as a coward terrorist attack and strongly condemned it.