French FM says coalition operation in Libya will continue (UPDATE)
previous news was posted at 11:46
Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said Thursday that the coalition operation to prevent Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's forces from attacking rebels will continue for the "necessary" period, Xinhua reported.
Juppe, speaking to radio RTL, said "we are going to continue air strikes," adding the targets are just military elements but nothing else.
The French minister said the operation has been "a success" so far.
Juppe said Wednesday that the coalition intervention in Libya wouldn't last long and the involved countries would have political meetings to steer and coordinate the next phase of the operation.
The first session of the political steering committee, proposed by France, will be held in London on next Tuesday.