Two Germans still in coma in Turkey with suspected alcohol poisoning
Two German tourists were being kept alive by life support machines in a Turkish hospital on Sunday, days after one of their friends died of suspected alcohol poisoning, according to doctors, reported dpa.
"There has been no change in their situation," a doctor from the Andolu Private Hospital in Antalya told the German Press Agency dpa. Four others were still listed as being in a serious condition.
The tourists, students at a vocational college in Germany, were on holiday at the Mediterranean resort of Kemer. On Thursday night they were in a hotel room drinking hard spirits purchased from a local market when they called for help after one of the group fell unconscious.
Paramedics found Rafael Neca, 21, dead and transported the other tourists to a local hospital.
An official investigation has been launched into the death with authorities testing the quality of the locally-produced liquor but results were not expected for another week.
Markets and restaurants in Turkey have a history of selling liquor produced by illegal home distilleries.