The Cabinet of Ministers did not confirm media reports spread on Saturday on the submission of document to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev on the cancellation of
contracts with energy network operators Barmek Azerbaijan and Bayva. The Cabinet of Ministers told Trend that no document of the kind had been developed and submitted to the President.
Tanriverdi Mustafayev, the spokesman for Barmek Azerbaijan, said that the company did not receive any notification from the government on the consideration of possible cancellation of a contract with the company.
"We have good relationships with the Azerbaijani government and spread of such reports is an attempt to raising an agiotage,вЂќ he underlined.
Barmek Azerbaijan is an operator of the energy distribution network of Baku (since January 2002) and Sumgayit (since October 2002), and Bayva is an operator of energy distribution networks of 46 regions of Azerbaijan (since January 2003).