No change in leadership of Azerbaijan’s International Bank
Baku, Azerbaijan, Apr. 2
By Azad Hasanli - Trend:
Under a decision of a general meeting of shareholders of the International Bank of Azerbaijan (IBA), Emil Mustafayev will continue to serve as the bank's board chairman, IBA said in a message April 2.
Emil Mustafayev served between 1990 and 1995 as an economist at Azerbaijan's State Economic Institute. From 2012, he held the post of the first deputy chairman of the International Bank of Azerbaijan.
The post of head of Azerbaijan's largest bank has been vacant since March 18, 2015, after Jahangir Hajiyev left his office due to health condition.
Hajiyev served as the IBA board chairman since March 2001.
During a meeting of the Supervisory Board held March 18, Azerbaijan's Finance Ministry, representing the government in the bank, expressed readiness to fully support in the future the development of the IBA.
The International Bank of Azerbaijan was established in January 1992.
The bank's main shareholder is the Azerbaijani government, which holds 50.2 percent of shares while private individuals and legal entities hold the remaining 49.8 percent.
Edited by CN
Follow the author on Twitter: @AzadHasanli