Azerbaijan, Baku, Nov. 3 /Trend E. Kosolapova/
Kazakhstan's Prosecutor General's Office does not rule out participation of the Islamist organization "Soldiers of the Caliphate," in the explosion in the city of Atyrau, a spokesman of the office Nurdaulet Suindikov said on Thursday, Novosti-Kazakhstan reported.
"The organization may be guilty of the explosions. This information will be checked," Suindikov said at a briefing.
On Tuesday the U.S. SiteIntelligenceGroup (SIG), which specializes in publishing the statements of various terrorist groups reported that The Jund al Khilafah, or Soldiers of the Caliphate had claimed responsibility for the recent blasts in Atyrau, west Kazakhstan.
A bomb exploded in a garbage bin outside the regional administration building in Atyrau on Oct. 31. No casualties were reported. The blast did not cause damage to the residential and office buildings.
The second explosion took place on a vacant lot near Atyrau. An unidentified man blew himself up and died as a result. No other victims were reported.
Two criminal cases were filed under Article 233 (terrorism) of the Criminal Code on the facts of explosions.
The SIG reported that Soldiers of the Caliphate had earlier called on the Kazakh government to cancel the recently approved law on religion.
The Kazakh President signed the law on religious activities on Oct.13.
Its provisions, in particular the ban on prayer rooms in public institutions, education and health facilities, as well as in military units, have caused a mixed reaction in the Kazakh society. Several NGOs have demanded to revise the document and dismiss the head of the agency for religious affairs.