Gaza death toll rises to 170 amid ongoing Israeli offensive
Four more Palestinians, including a father and his son, were killed in three separate airstrikes on southern Gaza Strip on Sunday night, medics and witnesses said, making the total death toll in Gaza to 170, Xinhua reported.
A Gaza Health Ministry spokesman said that more than 10 people were also injured in the three Israeli airstrikes on the southern Gaza Strip towns of Rafan and Khan Younis.
"Since the beginning of the Israeli military aggression and the airstrikes on our people in the Gaza Strip on early Tuesday, 170 Palestinians were killed and 1,154 were injured. More than 80 of the dead are civilians," he said.
The spokesman added that among the killed were 36 children and 32 women, while 350 children and 460 women were injured.
Hamas armed wing Al-Qassam Brigades and other militant groups have claimed responsibility for launching more rockets into northern, central and southern Israeli towns and cities.
The militant groups said that they fired more than 700 rockets from the Gaza Strip into Israel, while Israeli war jets carried out more than 1,000 air and artillery strikes on the Gaza Strip over the past seven days.
The Israeli cabinet decided on Sunday to continue airstrikes on the Gaza Strip until calm is achieved, though nothing has been decided so far on a large-scale ground operation in the strip.