Auto show in Detroit reopens after evacuation
The North American International Auto Show has reopened after a small electrical fire forced the evacuation of thousands of people from exhibit halls at Detroit's Cobo Center, AP reported.
No injuries were reported in Thursday afternoon's fire. The show reopened several hours later.
The fire was in the rafters above the Audi display and filled the main hall with smoke. Auto show spokesman Sam Locricchio (loh-CREEK'-ee-oh) says no vehicles were damaged.
The Detroit Regional Convention Facility Authority says a malfunction in a piece of electrical equipment caused the fire. The authority, which runs Cobo Center, says the exhibit halls were calmly evacuated.
The show runs through Sunday.