Bangladesh's military-backed government on Saturday dismissed Indian media reports alleging involvement of a Bangladesh-based group in the recent serial blasts in north- east India that left 77 people killed, reproted dpa.
"The allegation is totally baseless and, as in the past, have no evidence to back them up," Bangladesh foreign ministry said in a statement trashing the Indian claims.
Indian agencies have alleged that Bangladesh-based banned Islamist organisations are involved in the blasts.
An Indian opposition political leader, L K Advani also pointed a finger to Bangladesh for the violence that injured more than 300 others asking Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for action against the perpetrators of the Thursday's carnage.
Bangladeshi officials said that it adopted the strictest measures against terrorist and would never allow its territory to be used to aid attacks on other countries.
"This is no time for finger-pointing without proof. Instead all efforts should be directed at apprehending the culprits and bringing them to justice. Bangladesh has strongly condemned these acts of cowardice, and shares the pain of the people of India at this sad horror," said the statement.
Earlier on Friday, Bangladesh's Foreign Affairs Adviser Iftekhar Ahmed Chowdhury strongly condemned Thursday's deadly serial bomb attack in the Indian state of Assam.
In a statement issued Friday, he termed the bomb attack an act of "cowardly terrorism."
"We strongly condemn the bomb blast in the North-eastern India that led to so many deaths and injuries," the adviser stated adding that Bangladesh was standing firmly beside its Indian neighbors at this sad hour.