Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, March 10
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, March 10, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – Iranian chained stores will offer discounts on staple food products ahead of new Iranian Calendar Year (starting March 20).
2. 12:04 GMT – The Iranian association for food producers has announced that there is no obstacle to provide staple food products during the new year holidays in Iran.
3. 12:05 GMT – Nokia and Huawei cellphone users in the country have been required to register their devices with the country’s telecommunications user database.
4. 12:06 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 55,980 rials in the free market. The official rate of the USD was 37,499 rials and it was traded at 44,907 rials in the free market.
5. 12:06 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. The gold coin was traded at 15,880,000 rials (about $353.6 according to the currency rate in the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,508,000 rials (about $33.5).
6. 12:07 GMT – The main index of Tehran Stock Exchange stood at 96,594 points.
7. 12:08 GMT – The Iranian union for carpet cleaners has called on people to get services from authorized units.
8. 12:09 GMT – Report on the prices of domestic cars.
9. 12:10 GMT – Report on cultivating mushrooms in the northern province of Golestan.
10. 12:12 GMT – Report on the activity of the investment guarantee fund for small-sized businesses.
11. 12:12 GMT – Iran exported worth of $4.5 billion of agricultural products over the first ten months of the current fiscal year (starting March 20).
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]