Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, March 12
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, March 12, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – Iran’s economic council has agreed with issuing bonds for financing government projects.
2. 12:05 GMT – Central Bank of Iran has said that new merger of banks is expected in the country.
3. 12:06 GMT – Iranian banks have launched distributing newly printed banknotes.
4. 12:08 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 55,056 rials in the free market. The official rate of the USD was 37,534 rials and it was traded at 44,952 rials in the free market.
5. 12:09 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. The gold coin was traded at 15,990,000 rials (about $355.7 according to the currency rate in the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,513,000 rials (about $33.6).
6. 12:10 GMT – The main index of Tehran Stock Exchange stood at 96,194 points.
7. 12:10 GMT – Some 16 Iranian airlines and 53 international airlines will offer service to travelers during the Novruz holidays in the country.
8. 12:11 GMT – Report on the prices of domestic cars.
9. 12:12 GMT – Iranian oil ministry has inked a contract with five universities for cooperation.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]