Iran dismisses claim it considering attacks in U.S.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Ramin Mehmanparast has strongly denied the claim made by U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper saying that Iran could launch terrorist attacks on U.S. soil if it feels threatened, MNA reported.
The Islamic Republic of Iran is a responsible country and is committed to the principles of international law and the UN charter, Mehmanparast said on Friday.
"Those who are accused of supporting the assassinations of Iranian scientists in Tehran cannot level such baseless and false accusations at the Islamic Republic of Iran," he added.
In a report to Congress on Tuesday, Clapper, said that last year's alleged Iranian plot to kill the Saudi ambassador in the U.S. "shows that some Iranian officials... have changed their calculus and are now more willing to conduct an attack in the United States in response to real or perceived U.S. actions that threaten the regime," the Associated Press reported.