Program summary: Iran IRINN TV economic news, Feb. 4
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Feb. 4, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh has briefed reporters on the latest situation of the country’s oil and gas industry.
2. 12:04 GMT – Iran’s energy ministry has finalized contracts worth of $12 billion of foreign investment in power sector.
3. 12:05 GMT – Iran’s customs administration has inaugurated new systems to ease the clearance procedure.
4. 12:06 GMT – Iranian banks will launch a plan on future sales of gold coins as of January 6.
5. 12:08 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 57,698 rials in the free market. Official rate of the USD was 36,949 rials and it was traded at 46,603 rials in the free market.
6. 12:08 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 15,200,000 rials (about $326.1 according to the currency rate in the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,481,000 rials (about $31.7).
7. 12:09 GMT – The Stock Exchange of Tehran has reduced the period of settlement of trades to two days form three days.
8. 12:10 GMT – Main index of the Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE) reached 97,808 points.
9. 12:10 GMT – Report on the prices of Iranian-made cars.
10. 12:11 GMT – A knowledge-based company has invented a method to protect gardens from cold weather.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]